Individuals in the Business Analyst role is responsible for serving as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions required for the achievement of business goals. They collect, analyze, develop, document, and communicate business requirements. Business Analysts continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships, and effectively manage customer expectations.
Based on breadth and depth of understanding of business needs and processes, Business Analysis professionals collaborate with all levels of IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible. They take a broad perspective to determine how such solutions will impact existing work processes and systems, and how to manage the integration to achieve desired skills. Business Analysis professionals are responsible for proactively identifying opportunities that impact corporate business strategies and performance.
Business Analysis professionals educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology. They also display innovation in identifying, proposing, and overseeing the execution of business solutions. Through adaptable communication skills and the ability to translate between technical and business language, they work collaboratively, negotiating requirements across multiple groups.
They must have a working knowledge of the business area that they support and should be equally aligned with the IT department.
- Works with business partners within one or more business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Works with business partners within one or more business organizations to align technology solutions with business strategies.
- Supports one or more highly complex business processes, requiring design or integration of technical solutions that may cross multiple functions of the business or functional areas of support.
- Establishes and maintains liaison relationship with business partners and IT organization in order to provide effective technical solutions.
- Conducts data gathering and analysis to understand business strategy requirements.
- Leads and provides direction for short- and long-term planning sessions to ensure understanding of business goals and direction.
- Provides input from a business and IT perspective.
- Leads the assessment of client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks and cost vs. benefits.
- Leads development and communicates business requirements and functional specifications for the design and implementation of business solutions.
- Analyzes customer’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for improvements.
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and processes for data gathering and reporting on data in a department or division of a company.
- Provides recommendations for business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- May conduct feasibility studies and draft proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers.
- May develop and assist in the presentation of business cases.
- Reviews and approves test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are adequately tested with minimal risk.
- Investigates problems and develops recommendations for resolution.
- Provides technical expertise to resolve issues.
- Gathers data to support recommendations to address problems with appropriate contingency plans when required.
- Escalates issues when required.
- Monitors and analyzes performance metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keeps customers informed of problems, issues, and status.
- Manages customers’ expectations.
- Ensures IT solutions meet customers’ needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computers Science, Business Management, or Healthcare fields preferred.
- 5 years of relevant technical or business work experience required.
- Working experience in healthcare domain is preferred.
- Experience/in-depth knowledgeof business operations and systems requirements processes required.
- Scrum master certified preferred with proven knowledge in Agile and Scrum methodologies.